Spartans Home

DSC P-51 Mustang

Denny

I just dont see the point of this it doesnt fit into the current Eagle Dynamics universe.

I would love to see them do a KA 52 or AH64 where there is proper 2 player coop in each chopper.

They've been promising that for years...

...bastards. :(

I watched that video and thought to myself "Damn if that doesn't look like ARMA2..."

Went to my buddy Mr. Google and found this:

http://www.lockonfiles.com/index.php/topic/32062-bohemia-interactive-merger-with-eagle-dynamics-announced/

Interesting time.

Long time flight sim geek, but when I met my wife it was only a matter of time till I gave away my CH Fighterstick, throttle and rudder pedals. I used to play this online WWII sim called Warbirds but the management managed to utterly screw that up when they pissed off the original developers enough that they left en masse and the game started to stink to high heaven. But I was a dedicated P51 pilot so seeing this sim makes me happy though I doubt I have the computer horsepower to run this new sim.

I guess I'll live vicariously through the Youtube vids of others. :P

I watched that video and thought to myself "Damn if that doesn't look like ARMA2..."

Went to my buddy Mr. Google and found this:

http://www.lockonfil...mics-announced/

Interesting time.

Long time flight sim geek, but when I met my wife it was only a matter of time till I gave away my CH Fighterstick, throttle and rudder pedals. I used to play this online WWII sim called Warbirds but the management managed to utterly screw that up when they pissed off the original developers enough that they left en masse and the game started to stink to high heaven. But I was a dedicated P51 pilot so seeing this sim makes me happy though I doubt I have the computer horsepower to run this new sim.

I guess I'll live vicariously through the Youtube vids of others. :P

You do realize that was an April Fool's Day joke right? bleh.gif

Would be damned awesome though.

I've been having a blast with DCS A-10C lately (as far as actually flying around...I'm still working on effectively killing things during missions) and am 100% going to pick this up at some point.

• 3 weeks later...

pre-ordered it.

eventhough it has been around 8 months or so that I last played IL2 for real, I consider myself a WWII flight sim veteran.

Now, not even taking the time to set up my controls (except for hotas & rudder ofcourse), I memorised the startup sequence (quite easy actually) and tried to take off.....

well, honestly, it took me 3 times to get in the skies. landing however was fine, until I tried slowing down on the runway.

anyway, as usual, DCS has the steep learning curve and believe this is a good, new challenge for me.

I've had it with IL2 and eventhough I enjoyed a good 5-6 years of that sim, the graphics of DCS and Cliffs of Dover (the latter eventhough still a disaster, performance-wise) are obviously day and night difference with IL2 1946.

Want to make some time (again) to fix a day of the week to get into these flight sims again. my preference will always go to WWII and Korean war fighters, but doesn't mean I'll always keep Lock-On in mind as well.

Cheers /Inimigo

Pretty cool, but I don't really get it. No bombers to protect? No other fighters to fight? What's the point? I didn't go to fighter school to ground pound!

You're right AB ... as far as I know, sofar no other WWII fighters or bombers, so this is a big negative point. however, still in beta version, so hopefully they will see the necessity?