Spartans Home

Sparta DayZ Server Questions

Phisher~SPARTA~

Thanks for the heads up, I will deal with it.

It's amazing how people lie in this game, I don't know what they think they are achieving.

CAN'T get on the server

version mismatch .. 1.6blabla red bla bla

what do i need patchie?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Myself and Killer ended up getting killed last night by some little bastard at the airfield. Skaz took care of it but I have to say that crap like that really ruins the game for me. We shot this dude with a round of M24 to the chest and a full clip of 5.56 to the body and he killed us both all while bleeding from two spots for almost 5 minutes.

I am curious, from an admin standpoint, when you ban these people why is it that the DayZ creator causes so many issues? I hear that if you ban people from your server you get blacklisted on the Mod side, if this is true then how the hell do you moderate the server with any sucess?

There are very strict guidelines for running a server. And it is true that we don't have the same liberties that we could take on our own server for ARMA.

Unless we can prove hacking, disconnecting in firefights, or racists and abusive chat, there is really nothing else you can be banned for.

We won't get blacklisted unless we were banning people for reasons that weren't above. That is why I make sure to only do it when we have evidence of it happening.

EDIT: I will say that we experience similar desync lag earlier in the day when Crispy shot someone in the face at point blank range, that individual didn't go down for several seconds and was able to return fire at Crispy, injuring him. I blame the ARMA/DayZ net code which is constantly improving, and according to the next patch notes, should be improved.

Edited by Phisher~SPARTA~

Ebe make sure you have the latest ARMA OA Beta patch (It won't overwrite anything for regular ARMA)

Green bar at the top:

http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

Also make sure you follow these instructions wether you have steam or retail:

http://dayzwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=How_to_install_DayZ#ARMA2_Beta_patch

The whole ban issue has been dealt with. I think from now on we should discuss all bans on the thread in the member forums. It was completely legitimate and its unfortunate that it had to happen in the first place.

In other news, here is a great article if you have 10 minutes to read:

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/06/22/day-z-arma-3-interview-on-left-4-dead-skyrim-player-emotion-and-in-game-disease/

Hey guys. I know it's been a few days. I've been out of town, but I am back. Also, I'd like to add that my Digital Storm computer has arrived and I would like to say, AWESOME! As I'm typing this, I'm getting Arma II and DayZ for my new power plant, so I'll be returning to my favorite zombie wasteland. Pics of the new system to come soon!

Sweet, that is great to hear!

Questions for ya:

1) How was the shipping?

2) Customer service?

3) How was the process of purchasing it?

4) Any complications so far?

Well, EMT, here's the word.

Shipping was about as good as ground shipping can be. I didn't feel the need to shell out extra money for express shipping. The system was expensive enough.

Customer service was superb. They actually contacted me on a few issues with the build and corrected them with the adjusted price.

Purchasing was extremely simple. Very user friendly interface in customizing the system as you go.

As for complications? The only complication I have, is finding the time to spend on this new power house of a computer.

My official review? I highly recommend Digital Storm to those who wish to purchase a superior gaming computer.

EDIT: Quick side question, the DayZ Sparta server doesn't seem to be acting right. Any word on that?

Edited by SuperJediBob