Spartans Home

Sparta DayZ Server Questions

Phisher~SPARTA~

Skaz is going to buy the first months subscription for a DayZ Server ($20) -25 player slot.

I am then going to pitch in as well, I know some of you guys wouldn't have a problem doing this either. I know Skaz has a few questions, and I am sure there are guys here way more versed in how to set it up.

Hosting Site

If any of you are interested hop on TS or post in here.

We will probably set it up so it is a "Sparta Server" unless there are any objections.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I might be purchasing the server then through HFB.

I don't want to compromise the Sparta box as I heard you have to give them access to it. Would rather just have it outsourced.

EDIT: Purchased a 25 man, will see what I need to do to set it up

Edited by Phisher~SPARTA~

These were some of the considerations that J presented before adding our server.

1. First we need to verify with our server provider that we do not have a bandwidth cap. Day Z servers can process 2TB of bandwidth per month.
  2. In order to run a 50 player server, they recommend having a quad core processor running at least 3GHz, which is exactly what we have. We will not be able to be running anything else on the server while Day Z is active. TS may or may not be impacted... its a pretty light program, so its hard to say.
  3. Know the Day Z server rules. See quote below.

- IT MAY NEVER BE PASSWORDED

- NO EXCESS KEYS OR MODS

- NO KICKING TO MAKE ROOM FOR 'FRIENDS' OR CLANMATES

Failure to adhere to these rules will BAN YOUR SERVER'S IP from DayZ.

Also MH6 has full access to our box to administer it on behalf of DayZ.

Just an FYI.

Z

Got a response back saying it will be up today.

I think for now I am okay using an outsourced hosting service - there is a lot of back end stuff that gets taken care of by this company (updating and such) that I don't want to have to bother anyone about.

Today

lets join the SPARTA dayZ server

WooW i got in on the first click !!

i hooked up with gunther@sparta after some amount of time locating meself on the map (elektro....)

we held the power plant a while.. while other friendly's are approching . B)

me (EB3) and gunther looking for some ammo and sutch , got me some wood and bloodbags to ensure our life

, but then it started zombie-fights ammo was very low :wtf: , then a another player got zombs on his heels ,

so we had to take him out to get his ammo (had some remorse there :( , but survival is key !)

then finally we hooked up with friendly's (4) @the power plant . :ogle:

The the second zombie raid has STARTED .. :excl: after killing more then + 20 :excl: we are all low on ammo so RUN RUN (forrest wise)

we survived that one barely . :bowing:

hey somebody said a flare @ the power-plant ..Enemy? Shots were fired chaos ..&"§çàwhattheFu#^{} man down .....

so i hid meself amongst dead bodies looking for ammo .. (ONLY HAD !! ONE!! SHOT LEFT ;endfield)

then the next got shot ; somebody was yelling the treeline tree line !!! :ranting2:

looking 8!? there he is +300meters far aiming easy _-° :o

aldow i walk thru the shadow of death i shall fear no evil :bowing: ... POWpangzoefkling !!

He went down (i saw him) Coms got got like name; geezer something no larson no who what name did not come up ;;;

i went looking for the body , with the only thing i had _ _ was a GRANADE !! .. :poster_oops:

Then his name came up (Geez something ) HE DIED~~ while i was really close, by then .. :rip_1:

What this dude had ; GPS! NIGHTV! M4-hollow! SD_mags! full_bagpack !aah cooked MEAT my favorit . !! :ogle:

one minute of silence for the wounded and lost onces that day :oops:

greetz :hysterical:

off topic but still good story (maybe)

Spent close to 2.5hrs online yesterday trying to play DayZ. I knew from Phisher that the Sparta server was down so I busied myself with whichever servers I could access. In all that time I think I managed around 20 minutes play, on just 3 servers; 2 in the US, 1 UK.

I was kicked from 2 of those, gave up on the other as it was time to head south.

The rest of the time was spent hanging at various screens, hoping beyond hope that I'd get in game.

To compound things, the last time I played I left my guy, in need of supplies, in the treeline overlooking a town. The plan being to scavenge as soon as I got the chance to play again. Only problem was, when I did get in yesterday I was back on the coast miles from anywhere!

As much as I want to like and play this mod I can't keep wasting hours of time for minutes of fruitless play. I never had any issues with any other ARMA that we've played, so don't get why I'm failing with this.

I would quite happily contribute to costs for this server if I could get to play the damn game!

Spent close to 2.5hrs online yesterday trying to play DayZ. I knew from Phisher that the Sparta server was down so I busied myself with whichever servers I could access. In all that time I think I managed around 20 minutes play, on just 3 servers; 2 in the US, 1 UK.

I was kicked from 2 of those, gave up on the other as it was time to head south.

The rest of the time was spent hanging at various screens, hoping beyond hope that I'd get in game.

To compound things, the last time I played I left my guy, in need of supplies, in the treeline overlooking a town. The plan being to scavenge as soon as I got the chance to play again. Only problem was, when I did get in yesterday I was back on the coast miles from anywhere!

As much as I want to like and play this mod I can't keep wasting hours of time for minutes of fruitless play. I never had any issues with any other ARMA that we've played, so don't get why I'm failing with this.

I would quite happily contribute to costs for this server if I could get to play the damn game!

Exactly my experience,this mod is terrible.

It sounds like this patch will help with some of the frustrations I know some of you have been having, especially in regards to zombie behavior:

Rough outline of what to expect in the pending update.

I will update this as more stuff is put in. Changelog will then follow it.

Performance and Optimization

- Reduction/elimination of the new server lag. This is caused by the ArmA2 server expecting immediate response from the central server. Vehicles are the main cause of this, as whenever they are damaged everything stops while the server ensures this is recorded in the database.

- Bugs fixed that were possibly causing very significant netcode overhead (will need mass-scale testing to verify this).

Infected Behavior

- Infected can no longer see/attack through walls.

- Entirely new mocap'd attack and running animations

Content

- Additional Idle Infected sounds

- Revised Attack sounds

- Many new action sounds, including IV, bandaging etc...

Notes

- This update will REQUIRE the beta patch, so it is worth installing this now and getting used to it.

- Read up at the BI Forums about the beta patch install. It's pretty easy.

Ok guys, for all the people that are having problems getting into the servers, install the latest beta patch. I had multiple problems such as stuck on waiting for host, loading screen errors, and retrying to authenticate errors. I installed the latest beta patch, located here. Just download and install the patch and most of your problems will be solved.

skaz

As posted elsewhere, I've had problems with this mod from the word go. This weekend, after the vanilla ARMA session I tried out our server and it never missed a beat, probably got in 3-4 hours solid play. Haven't tried any other servers but can't just be that it's ours, as I couldn't get onto it the previous week.

Only issue I found, apart from dying, was randomly losing stuff. I spent a. couple hours hoofing from Cherno NW, to find the camp, scavenging as I went. At one point I had a selection of ammo for; Enfield, AKM, MP5, .45 revolver & 9mm. Then I find a Winchester, pick it up and loose all the ammo bar what I had for the makarov.

Later I find a Checzh backpack & when I take it, I loose other random items from my kit. On both occasions the "lost" items didn't even show up on the floor.

Is this a bug or normal?